Looking to visit for the day, maybe for some snowshoeing or some sledding? You are welcome to enter the parks for day use anytime, just keep in mind the following:
- Please park only in a manner that allows access by others and please drive only on established roadways or parking areas.
- Water supply, restroom or refuse removal services or facilities are closed for the season.
- Leave No Trace: Carry In/CarryOut
- Have a plan. Snow plowing arrangements vary by location. Be prepared to dig yourselves out in the event of inclement weather.
- While hunting is not permitted in developed recreation areas like state parks during the regular operating season, hunting is allowed on most state lands in the parks off-season
- Access is free of charge.
- Park staff are only present sporadically during the off season. We invite you to be our "eyes and ears" by please reporting to email@example.com after your visit anything you notice or discover amiss or out of the ordinary (vandalism, break-ins, inappropriate facility use, etc.).
Off-Season Parking Access (pdf)
Favorite Parks for Winter Activities
Snowmobiles & ATVs