Burton Island Cabins
Burton Island State Park Cabins
You may already know that Burton Island is a very special place loved by many. Now, there's even another reason to love the park: 3 new cabins!
These cabins have specific policies that are similar to our cottages, so please read on for important information.
- VT resident: $73/ night
- Non-resident: $75/ night
The Burton Island cabins are fully accessible within the physical limitations of the site which require use of ADA Trail standards.
The trail from the marina to the cabin area is well within accessibility guidelines and surfaced with distinctly different material from the surrounding terrain. The pathways adjacent to the cabins are edged with timbers. Smooth transitions to all cabins are available. Sunset cabin is more challenging to reach than the Popasquash or Savage cabins.
While at accessible grade, the access from the ferry to the marina contains gravel which is too large to meet compliance standards and will negatively impact smaller wheeled assistance devices. However, as the route is accessible by motorized transport, accommodations can be made to get a visitor to the beginning of the accessible trail where larger motorized transport ends.
Unfortunately, the bathrooms which serve the cabins have not yet been modified to comply with accessibility guidelines. Vermont State Parks is developing a plan to transition not only these two, but all features on Burton Island to an accessible status to the degree they are feasible.
We encourage you to contact the park to discuss how we can help you enjoy your stay while we continue transitioning to a facility more accessible to all visitors.
Burton Island Cabin Reservations open Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 9am
- Reservations may only be made through the Reservation Call Center (1-888-409-7579, Mon-Fri 9am-4pm).
- Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance on the 15th of the month (or the first business day after the 15th if it falls on the weekend).
- Minimum stays are 7-nights and always run Saturday - Saturday.
- Maximum stays are 21-nights.
- Only one reservation per call.
- Cabins have 1 set of bunk beds and one futon (sleeps 4). Up to six people can stay in the cabin, but it would mean two people sleeping on the floor.
- Cabins have a table with 4 chairs.
- Cabins have an overhead light, fan and an electric outlet.
- Bathrooms with hot showers are located adjacent to the marina.
- The camp store and bistro is located near the park office.
- All cabins have direct waterfront access.
- Tents are not permitted at these cabin sites.
- Pets are not permitted at these cabin sites.
- Check-in is on Saturday between 2 and 4pm.
- Check-out is on Saturday by 11am.
- If you cancel your cottage reservation 30 days or more prior to your expected arrival date, you will receive a full refund less a $10 cancellation fee and your $7 reservation fees paid.
- If you cancel 14 - 30 days days prior to your expected arrival date, you will receive a full refund less the equivalent of a two night stay; if you cancel less than 14 days prior to your expected arrival date, you will receive no refund.
Back to top