There are three ways to make reservations with Vermont State Parks. They are:
- reserving online
- calling the Reservation Call Center at 1-888-409-7579 (Mon–Fri, 9am–4pm)
- calling the park directly (during the season)
Reservations can be made up to eleven months in advance up to the day prior to arrival. Same day reservations can only be made by calling the park.
Note: Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance. The inventory for the entire month opens the first business day of the month at 9am for all parks with the exceptions of:
- Burton Island - The inventory opens the first business day at 9am, on or after the 15th of each month.
- Waterbury Reservoir Remote Sites - The inventory for the entire month opens the first business day of the month at 9am (i.e. June 1st opens all June reservations in the same year).
Competition for Popular Sites:
When making reservations online, if you add a reservation in your cart, you have 15 minutes to checkout. If you do not checkout within 15 minutes the site will be released back into inventory for others to reserve.
Camping without Reservations:
If you’re feeling spontaneous, you can camp in a campground without reservations, space permitting. Most parks, even in summer, will have at least a few sites available, especially mid-week. Vermont State Parks do not hold a specific number of sites open for “drive-in” campers.
Supporting Parks Has Never Been Easier:
Round up to preserve the places you love. Your generous donations to Vermont Parks Forever, the nonprofit foundation for Vermont State Parks, help keep our natural spaces beautiful and available for your family to make memories for the years to come.
Reservation Website Features
- Find specific camping and lodging site types such as tent/RV sites, cabins and cottages, lean-tos, and remote and group campsites.
- Search and reserve day use pavilions.
- Filter results by accessibility needs, pets allowed, waterfront, and park activities.
- Discover available sites for the upcoming weekend.
- Buy gift cards/certificates and shop a variety of Vermont State Parks products.
- View photos of your favorite site/facility.
- Review, change and cancel current reservations.
- Start tracking historic reservation details within new account.
Click on the link to learn about our frequently asked questions:
- How do I create a new account?
- How do I log in to see my reservations, gift certificates, and park passes?
- How can I receive an Availability Notification for a site that is currently booked?
- How can I add to/change an existing reservation online?
- How can I search for sites that will fit my trailer or RV?