There are three ways to make reservations with Vermont State Parks. They are:
- reserving online
- calling the Reservation Call Center at 1-888-409-7579 (Mon–Fri, 9am–4pm)
- calling the park directly (during the season)
Reservations can be made up to eleven months in advance up to the day prior to arrival. Same day reservations can only be made by calling the park.
Note: Reservations can be made up to 11 months in advance. The inventory for the entire month opens the first business day of the month at 9am for all parks with the exceptions of:
- Burton Island - The inventory opens the first business day at 9am, on or after the 15th of each month.
- Waterbury Reservoir Remote Sites - The inventory for the entire month opens the first day of the month at 9am (i.e. June 1st opens all June reservations in the same year).
Competition for Popular Sites
When making reservations online, if you add a reservation in your cart, you have 15 minutes to checkout. If you do not checkout within 15 minutes the site will be released back into inventory for others to reserve.
Camping without Reservations:
If you’re feeling spontaneous, you can camp in a campground without reservations, space permitting. Most parks, even in summer, will have at least a few sites available, especially mid-week. Vermont State Parks do not hold a specific number of sites open for “drive-in” campers.
New and Improved Reservation System!
We’re excited to share our new reservation website launching March 18, 2020 including features designed to make finding and reserving a site easier than ever before. We've included some important information to help you during this exciting transition.
New Website Features
- Find specific camping and lodging site types such as tent/RV sites, cabins and cottages, lean-tos, and remote and group campsites.
- Search and reserve day use pavilions.
- Filter results by accessibility needs, pets allowed, waterfront, and park activities.
- Discover available sites for the upcoming weekend.
- Buy gift cards/certificates and shop a variety of Vermont State Parks products.
- View photos of your favorite site/facility.
- Review, change and cancel current reservations.
- Start tracking historic reservation details within new account.
- Customers with an existing email address on file only need to use the “forgot password” link under the “My Reservations” tab.
- All existing reservations will be transferred to the new system and you’ll be able to access them online.
- Existing Park Credit will be converted to Gift Certificates as of March 18th; please login to your account online to view your Gift Certificate number and balance or contact the call center for additional assistance.
You can book your trip with us at vtstateparks-visit.com using these new features. Make sure to create an account and opt in to receive our newsletters to stay up to date with our latest events, specials, promotions and survey opportunities to provide feedback.
We look forward to making your online experience easier to discover, plan, and book your next adventure with us. We'll see you soon!