Vermont Parks Forever
Vermont Parks Forever was founded in 2013 to enhance and protect the Vermont State Parks through charitable and private support. To achieve these goals, we collaborate with Vermont residents, parks visitors, and state government to improve our parks for the benefits of residents and visitors alike. Our work proudly continues Vermont’s tradition of support for conservation, recreation, public health, and natural beauty.
"…forever to be held, owned, and used by the State of Vermont as and for a public park or public recreation for the health, recreation, and pleasure of the public…"
-Frances Humphreys, upon deeding the 150 acres that became Mt. Philo, our first state park, in 1924.
Friends of Green River Reservoir
We are dedicated to protecting the wilderness-like character and wildlife habitat of Green River Reservoir State Park while preserving its heritage and historical uses for future generations.
Through publications and interpretive materials, we provide educational information regarding how Green River Reservoir State Park is understood and experienced. We include information on:
- "Leave no trace", which includes minimizing the gathering of wood for campfires.
- The flora and fauna of the area.
- The cultural history of the lands within or adjacent to Green River Reservoir.
- Support for research related to the ecology, history, health and sustainability of the Green River Reservoir watershed.
- Expertise and resources to further protection of areas within and adjacent to GRRSP that are of geological, ecological, biological interest or are of a sensitive nature.
- Financial support to the Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation to bring about projects that further the FGRR Vision of GRRSP.
- Other topics relevant to our mission.
Friends of Waterbury Reservoir
Friends of Waterbury Reservoir (FWR) is a Vermont-registered 501C3 non-profit organization committed to protecting and enhancing the ecological, historical, recreational, and community values of the Waterbury Reservoir.
Our Vision: The Waterbury Reservoir is a thoughtfully-maintained, safe, and clean public-access recreation area located at the crossroads of world-class resort towns and yet offers a remote experience for users. The Waterbury Reservoir is recognized as a unique resource and an important conservation and economic asset for the people of the state of Vermont.Learn More
Back to top